Spam is strictly prohibited by Crucial Web Hosting, Ltd. ("Crucial Web Hosting"), and will result in the immediate termination without payout to any affiliates who have been determined by Crucial Web Hosting to have used spam in conjunction with their Crucial Web Hosting affiliate account. The following policy outlines in specific terms what is considered acceptable use of bulk email by Crucial Web Hosting.
Table of Contents
Mailing list subscriber information must include the date and time that the subscription was confirmed, as well as the IP address of the subscriber at the time of the subscription. The user must be able to present this information at Crucial Web Hosting's request.
Lists cannot be procured from outside parties unless the email sender has procured a list from an organization that sells or otherwise shares email distribution lists, and all of the following conditions are met:
- Records are kept of the date, time, IP address, and form location where the subscribing user signed up from.
- Lists procured from outside parties must have been consistently handled in a manner comparable to Crucial Web Hosting privacy policies.
- Users cannot populate lists with addresses obtained for a substantially different purpose than was originally disclosed to the user.
- All subscriptions must be re-confirmed in the manner described in Subscriptions (Section 1) before being sent bulk email messages.
- Users must not modify the headers of any message in such a way that purposefully obfuscates the origin of the message.
- Undeliverable addresses must be removed from all future mailings after no more than 5 bounces.
- Users are responsible for the practices of any affiliate program members they solicit the help of, as if they were hiring an outside advertising agency.
- Users using either outside advertising companies or 3rd party mailing programs must abide by the same policies and practices as those using Crucial Web Hosting's own bulk mailing list tools.
- All mailings must provide clear and simple to follow instructions for opting-out of future mailings, and all reasonable attempts must be made to facilitate the removal of a mailing list subscriber at their request.
- The user is advised and acknowledges that Crucial Web Hosting's electronic mail service equipment is located in Texas. In no event shall the user use Crucial Web Hosting's equipment in violation of Texas' anti-spam laws.
It is strictly prohibited in conjunction with your Crucial Web Hosting affiliate account to sell software designed specifically to facilitate the practice of spamming.
Predominately promotional messages must not be posted to bulletin boards, discussion forums, Usenet newsgroups, or any other similar service unless the operator of that service explicitly allows such messages. In the case of Usenet newsgroups, such messages must be specifically allowed in that group's charter.
Crucial Web Hosting reserves the right to disable any account at any time should it feel there is a reasonable suspicion that it is being used in conjunction with the practice of spamming.
Affiliates must substantially address all spam related inquiries by Crucial Web Hosting personnel within 72 hours. Failure to respond within a reasonable period of time may result in the disablement of the affiliate's account.