If you ever forget your username and/or password to access the backend of Magento, and the "forgot your password" link isn't mailing you your information, you can easily update the password like so:
- Open up phpMyAdmin by accessing your site's cPanel.
- Click on your database name for Magento from the sidebar on the left.
- Click on the SQL tab and type the following in to the text box:
UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5('PASSWORD') WHERE `username` = 'USERNAME';
You'll want to replace the capitalized values with the correct information:
- USERNAME - The user whose password you'll be updating
- PASSWORD - The new password you want to use
For example, if your username was admin and you wanted to reset the password to 123456, you would do this:
UPDATE `admin_user` SET `password` = MD5('123456') WHERE `username` = 'admin';
If you don't know the name of the user you want to update, you can see all the users by clicking on the admin_user link from the sidebar, and then select the Browse tab. The username column has the list of available users.